Auto Insurance Coverages
Understanding auto insurance coverageand how much you need can save you thousands of dollars and protect you when you need it the most. The more educated you are about full coverage auto insurance quotes; the more comfortable you will be buying an auto insurance policy.
To look for low cost full auto insurance coverage, choose from the different types of car insurance coverage. We have divided coverage types into three categories: required auto insurance coverages, recommended auto insurance coverages and optional auto insurance coverages.
Liability coverage is required in most states. Liability coverage protects you in the event that you are legally responsible for an accident. Each state that requires liability coverage has a set minimum that drivers are required to purchase. Check your state’s minimum liability requirements here. In the event of a serious car accident, the minimum coverage limits required by law may not be enough.
- Property Damage Liability – covers property damage to the other party in an accident in which you were at fault.
- Bodily Injury Liability – pays for medical damages to the other party for an accident in which you were at fault.
Recommended Auto Insurance Policy Coverage
Recommended coverages are not required by state law but are offered to you as additional protection. Full auto insurance coverage is useful depending on your particular circumstances. For instance, collision and comprehensive coverage may not make sense for an older car. Uninsured motorist coverage is required in a few states.
- Collision Coverage – Collision car insurance coverage covers the repairs to your car when you hit an object such as cars, curbs, poles, trees, etc.
- Comprehensive Coverage – Comprehensive coverage pays for damages to your car in instances of theft, vandalism, fire, floods, fallen trees, storms, and other acts of nature.
- Underinsured Motorists Coverage – Underinsured motorist auto insurance coverage covers your medical and repair bills when your damages exceed the other driver’s liability coverage limits.
- Uninsured Motorists Coverage – Uninsured motorists auto insurance coverage protects you against drivers who are not insured or a hit-and-run driver.
Optional Coverages which can be included in cheap full auto insurance coverage:
Optional auto insurance policy coverages are not necessary but may be worth considering if you are not covered under other types of insurance or will have financial difficulty if a particular situation should occur.
- Medical Payments Coverage – Medical payments coverage pays for medical expenses, regardless of who’s at fault, if you and/or passengers in your car are injured in a car accident. Medical payments coverage is valuable if you do not have health insurance through another source.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – PIP covers you and your passengers in an accident by paying for medical expenses, lost income, loss of service, and funeral expenses regardless of fault.
- Car Rental Coverage – Car rental expense coverage reimburses you for the cost of renting a car if your car was damaged in an accident.
- Towing Coverage – Towing coverage provides emergency and towing services in the event of an accident or breakdown.
Read more information on understanding
your auto insurance policy.
You can get Free auto insurance quotes online here.